Here is a list of popular sayings or “Seuss-isms” from
Theodore Geisel “Dr. Seuss” (1904 – 1991) author and illustrator. You’ll notice that this is a pretty good list of lesson you need to learn from life.
(Note: a few of these are uncited sources that are attributed to Geisel, but they are good advice so I’m going to include them anyway.)
1. A person’s a person, no matter how small.
2. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.
3. Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.
4. From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.
5. Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
6. Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So… get on your way.
7. If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good.
8. I meant what I said, and I said what I meant. An elephant’s faithful, one hundred percent.
9. So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.
10. And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed.
11. Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
12. All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you’ll be quite a lot.
13. The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.
14. Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
15. Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!
16. Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.
17. I’m afraid sometimes you’ll play lonely games too, games you can’t win because you’ll play against you
18. I’m sorry to say so but, sadly it’s true that bang-ups and hang-ups can happen to you
19. From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.
20. I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights
Which is your favorite?