From the first moment I watched Beauty and The Beast, I knew…..
I didn’t want the princess dress
or to be fall in love a beast
or to be in an enchanted castle.
I wanted the library, and all it’s glory, preferably without the semi-abuse man-child but heck if I can get it in the divorce, I might be able to endure a year or two of talking candlesticks and a grumpy beast.
What word nerd wouldn’t want a wall to wall library that *gasp* you needed ladders to reach the the top.
But alas reaching adulthood had meant that some of my dreams have had to fallen to the wayside, as I find myself a poor twenty-something, living in a teeny tiny libary-less apartment. And when I am able to scrounge up the dough to buy a house, the whole of it will probably fit into the library room.
Bereft but not beaten, I have decided if I can not have an amazingly dream library, I can have the most amazing bookshelves humanely possible, which is why I was amazed to find this site, 25 awesome DIY bookshelves. It isn’t my epic library but at least I’ll have some awesome and creative ways to house my precious books!
And while I’m on an internet searching binge:
- If you like the driftwood feel, check this out.
- If you would like a secret door in your books shelf, this one’s for you.
- Art lovers rejoice! This bookshelf will surely pass your test.
- Here’s a corner book shelf made from an old door.
- Recycled crates bookshelves and pallet book shelves are pretty amazing as well.
- And lastly, a bookshelf for those tight on space.
If you are a book lover, crafty and looking for a project, your day will be made!